This website (https://gwp.or.at) is operated by the consortium “Good Scientific Practice in Transition” of the Österreichische Forschungsgemeinschaft (ÖFG). The legal basis for this is in particular Section 3 of the Universities Act 20021 as well as the statutes and the relevant resolutions of the bodies of the Austrian Research Foundation2 (in particular the proposal of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Austrian Research Foundation concerning the establishment of this consortium as well as the approving resolution of the ÖFG Presidium of 18.06.2021).
This privacy statement describes to what extent and how we, as the data controller, process personal data in connection with this website and is also intended to make it clear to you that the responsible handling of personal data is a particular priority for the consortium “Good Scientific Practice in Transition”.
In view of the ongoing optimization of this online offering and any future changes to data protection law, adjustments to this data protection declaration may occasionally become necessary. We therefore invite you to read through this data protection declaration from time to time; changes are always clearly indicated by adjusting the version number including the date in the title above.
1. What data do we process
a. In the course of your visit to this website, the following information is automatically collected and then processed for a limited time as part of so-called server log files:
- Date and time of the call of a page as well as URL (web address) of this page;
- Date and time of the call as well as URL (web address) of the previously visited page;
- IP address of your terminal device (e.g. your computer or smartphone with which you access this website);
- Name and version of your web browser.
No personal evaluation or profiling takes place.
b. Furthermore, the web server automatically sets a so-called "session cookie" (= a small text file that is stored on your terminal device) in the course of your visit to our site. This "session cookie" contains an automatically generated "session ID", which is used to assign a specific session (= a specific call to our pages) to you in order to enable a comfortable user experience (= technically necessary cookie). These "session cookies" are automatically deleted after the end of your visit to the site when you close your browser session.
We do not use other cookies (especially those that would require your consent).
c. If someone contacts us by email to the email address emo.no_script_message or also by using the contact form of the website of their own accord, the personal data transmitted in the course of this (e.g. email address of the sender) will be stored. This personal data is not passed on to third parties; the data is deleted after the purpose has been fulfilled.
d. If someone posts a comment of their own accord using the comment function of the blog integrated into this website, personal data transmitted in the course of the comment (selected user name or pseudonym, email address) will be stored in addition to the posted content. This personal data is not passed on to third parties; the data is deleted after the purpose has been fulfilled.
2. Purposes of data processing
We process your personal data listed under 1. a., b. and d. exclusively for the following purposes:
- to technically administer this website and, if necessary, to adapt it to improve user-friendliness or to enable interaction (comment function), and
- to prevent, detect, investigate and prove any security breaches or attacks on our website (our server).
We process your personal data described under 1. c. exclusively for the following purposes:
- to process inquiries or messages received and to establish or, if necessary, maintain contact with senders (e.g. to respond to inquiries).
3. Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data listed under 1. above is our overriding legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO)3, which is to achieve the above purposes in order to contribute to the fulfillment of our tasks pursuant to Section 3 of the Universities Act 2002 and/or to fulfill our obligations towards the funding body, the Austrian Research Foundation (ÖFG).
4. Recipients of the data
Within the framework of corresponding contractual agreements, the following is acting on our behalf: ALL-INKL.com - Neue Medien Münnich, Hauptstraße 68, DE-02742 Friedersdorf (https://all-inkl-com) as web hoster (server location: Germany). This company provides the purely technical services described above as a so-called order processor on a contractual basis; however, your personal data listed under 1. may be disclosed in the course of providing these technical services, which is why we have to list this service provider as (at least potential) recipient of your data.
Your personal data will only be transferred to other recipients if we are legally obliged to do so or are required to do so by official order, or if this is absolutely necessary for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of security breaches or attacks on our website (our server).
5. Duration of processing
We process your personal data listed under 1. a. for a maximum period of three months in order to investigate any identified security threats and to report any attacks on our website (server). Only encrypted backup copies (backups) in accordance with our data protection concept may contain your data beyond a period of 3 months, but they are excluded from any regular processing (restriction of data processing). Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version).
6. Your rights in connection with personal data
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you are generally entitled,
- to check whether we are processing (and if so, which) personal data about you and entitled to receive copies of such data,
- to request the rectification, completion or deletion of your personal data, should they be incorrect, incomplete or not processed in compliance with the law,
- to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted,
- object, in certain circumstances, to the processing of your personal data or revoke any consent given for the processing,
- invoke data portability in certain circumstances,
- know the identity of third parties to whom your personal data is transferred and lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
7. Our contact details
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data by us, please contact the consortium "GWP in Transition" of the Austrian Research Foundation (ÖFG), c/o Research Department Law (E280-01) at the Vienna University of Technology, Karlsgasse 13/1, A-1040 Vienna, Austria.
Email address: emo.no_script_message.
8. Supervisory authority
The competent supervisory authority is the Austrian Data Protection Authority (DPA)4, Barichgasse 40-42, A-1030 Vienna, telephone: +43 1 521 52-25 69, email address: emo.no_script_message.
Last updated: 4.5.2022 (Markus Haslinger)
1 See the full text of the law online at https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Gelt... (3.5.2022).
2 See https://www.oefg.at/ (3.5.2022).
3 See the full text of the GDPR online at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/lega... (3.5.2022).
4 See https://www.dsb.gv.at/ (3.5.2022).